Accounts Payable Technician
in Coon Rapids, MN
(Regular Full Time)
|Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
||$13 to $14
- Responsible for all aspects of the processing of Product Vendor Accounts accurately and in a timely manner. This is accomplished by performing the following duties:
- Product Vendors/Purchase Invoice:
- Write up, code and get approved Authorization forms for short-pays or paybacks to vendors. Input data to FACS system and scan documents into Laserfiche.
- Close purchases for the end of the month: create vendor credit balance report- email to buyers
- Calculate, prepare, and process check payment for prepay invoices. Log according to procedures
- Handle all product vendor calls, emails and faxes, and inquiries regarding open and paid invoices courteously
- Complete all Vendor Audit Verifications as they are received
- Maintain Vendor Discount List and update as needed.
- Vendor Credits:
- Identify and research vendor credits, write up and record all actions on Warranty Receivable log. Record vendor checks, identify internal credits needed and process paybacks to vendors when credits are taken for more than was authorized. Process credits/checks received from vendors recording all actions on Co op Receivable log.
- Vendor Maintenance Files:
- Maintain new product vendor worksheets from purchasing to keep the following information in one central file: changes of address, factor information, backup withholding information, change of contact person, statements, no-pays, and any miscellaneous information as it is received.
- Verify the status of all invoices listed on product vendor statements. Call for copies of any invoices that are not in our system as either paid or unpaid. Work with Purchasing, Inventory and/or the vendors to resolve all issues
- Year End:
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Assist the Bookkeeper in compiling, logging, and mailing all required 1099 forms for year-end as required by the IRS
- Procedure Manual:
- Write and maintain a complete procedure manual for the Accounts Payable Technician position. The manual is to be updated as changes in procedure occur.
- Perform various duties or assignments as requested
- Qualification Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 months office experience
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and interpret spreadsheets.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a PC and a 10 key calculator. Knowledge of Excel, and Microsoft Word is helpful. Must have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. REasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability To hear and understand conversations on the telephone and in person.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate