Are you someone who has a Take Charge mentality? Do you like to help your employees succeed? If this sounds like you, then the position of Showroom Manager with HOM Furniture may be just the job for you!! This position manages sales activities of showroom, meeting revenue objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Coordinates sales performance by establishing sales ups systems, quotas, and goals, and advises sales staff concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist dealers in promoting sales.
- Reviews market to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Assists Marketing Manager and Sales Manager in developing sales campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to recommend we eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Coordinates liaison between showroom and other departments.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of showrooms to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Basic computer knowledge & skills.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Prepares showroom schedules.
- Merchandise showroom.
- Trains and develops all showroom personnel.
- Oversees inventory levels and inventory process at showroom level.
- Maintain personal sales at appropriate level.
- Due to the nature of retail business, being available to work weekends is a requirement of this position.
- Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors, participates in departmental stretching program, and overall maintains a safe working environment.
Bachelor's Degree (B. A.); must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Requires skills to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Mathematical aptitude to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Need to be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Directly supervises 2 to 20 employees in the showroom. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations safety vision and goals. Safety responsibilities include communicating the shared safety vision with the department, being accountable in the safety policies that have been defined, holding employees accountable in the expectation of safely practicing their job functions on a daily basis, promoting a safe work environment through incentives, etc. and taking timely action to correct unsafe actions.
The location of this position may vary as business needs change.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
*Secret Shops will be conducted to ensure selling skills are demonstrated according to company structured selling methods.