The Sales Manager must demonstrate enthusiasm for HOM Furniture and the products we sell, as well as maintain a positive attitude toward all company goals, while supervising a Sales Team(s) consisting of 10-25 Sales people.
The Sales Manager assists Showroom Manager in the implementation of the sales plan and operation of the retail showroom. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the support of company standards, practice and maintain selling behaviors, adheres to behavioral requirements, creates a positive work climate, embraces education and development of self and sales consultants, measures success and provide feedback.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support company standards, set goals and objectives, monitor performance and behaviors against standards, demonstrate management and selling skills, coordinate and disseminate workloads and projects.
- Have the capacity to career counsel staff, process grievances, promote staff and terminate staff.
- Behavioral requirements include:
- Exhibit strong communication skills, and demonstrate the ability of task completion.
- Must demonstrate decision-making and problem solving.
- Create a positive work climate by motivating staff and developing morale, fairly and consistently applying policies and procedures, and acting as liaison between sales consultant and management.
- Employee training, education, and personal development.
- Basic computer knowledge & skills.
- Completes invoices and processes payments for purchases.
- Measures success by demonstrating the ability to monitor and measure work performance and production.
- Monitor work performance and production as a measure of success.
- Give feedback to sales consultants and management.
- Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors, participates in departmental stretching program, and overall maintains a safe working environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Degrees preferred M.A./ B. A. / B.S., and four to three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires skills to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribe style and format. Must be able to competently present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Mathematical aptitude to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Must be able to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Need to be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Also need skills to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations safety vision and goals. Safety responsibilities include communicating the shared safety vision with the department, being accountable in the safety policies that have been defined, holding employees accountable in the expectation of safely practicing their job functions on a daily basis, promoting a safe work environment through incentives, etc. and taking timely action to correct unsafe actions.
The location of this position may vary as business needs change.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SALES MANAGER TASKS LIST
SUPPORTING COMPANY STANDARDS
*Monitor the Sales Consultants standard that:
1) Compiles lists of prospective customers based on information acquired
from previous contacts, newspapers, email and internet inquiries, and other sources for future sales leads.
2) Call regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or converse with customers by phone or on the sales floor.
*Plan projects and coordinate work duties
*Other tasks include completion competitive shopping reports either by Sales Manager or by utilizing members of the sales staff.
*Measure and improve performance standards.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations safety vision and goals. Safety responsibilities include communicating the shared safety vision with the department, being accountable in the safety policies that have been defined, holding employees accountable in the expectation of safely practicing their job functions on a daily basis, promoting a safe work environment through incentives, etc. and taking timely action to correct unsafe actions.
HAVE THE CAPACITY TO
*Career counsel staff
CREATE A POSITIVE WORK CLIMATE
*Assist in preparation of presentations for Sales meetings
*Enforce policies and procedures
*Communicate changes in a positive manner
EMBRACE TRAINING, EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
*Educate individual employees above current level of understanding
*Support training endeavors
*Observe and monitor employee's behaviors against company standards.
*Support sales staff as needed with information and/or involvement with transactions on the floor.
*Position self within employee selling zones or employee sales teams to promote customer service.
*Monitor staffs presentations and prospective management skills
*Provide support to the Showroom Manager with monitoring and improving sales performance
*Communicate new procedure(s) and expectations
*Audit and/or test employees on all aspects of their job
*Provide "skill practice" time
*Learn changes/new tasks
*Determine employee skill level
* Due to the nature of retail business, being available to work weekends is a requirement of this position.
*Secret Shops will be conducted to ensure selling skills are demonstrated according to company structured selling methods.
*Support the Showroom Manager in overseeing and improving sales performance by:
-Monitoring, evaluation and improving all sales measurements
-Monitoring, evaluation and improving Fabric Protection production
-Monitoring, evaluation and improving HOM Guard production
*Cooperate with the Showroom Manager to help improve the performance of underachieving staff.
*Determine productivity and improve it
*Keep essential records and compose reports
*Give feedback to employees and management
*Conduct performance appraisals