The Accessories Sales Associate must demonstrate enthusiasm for HOM and the products we sell, as well as maintain a positive attitude toward all store and company goals. The Accessories Sales Associate is a full functioning Sales Associate with the additional task of assisting the Sales Manager and Showroom Manager in the implementation of the Sales plan and Operation of the Accessories department. Assist sales manager in the support of the sales plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate computer literacy including ability to use inventory management system, internet, email, MS Office Products, and digital camera.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Create Warehouse "Pull Lists" of product needed for the sales floor. Create Transfers for Off-site Warehouse SKU's to be brought to showroom floor as product is needed.
- Maintain high standards for Merchandise Presentation and departmental housekeeping, including vacuuming and dusting.
- Assist with Detail Receiving and Pricing of Select Accessories shipments. Support company standards by meeting agreed upon goals, objections, and selling skills.
- Completing and processing invoice payments for customer purchases.
- Supporting a positive work climate with management and co-workers across the organization.
- Embracing personal training, education and development.
- Providing feedback to peers, management, and the Buying Department.
- Performs various duties as directed by Showroom Manager, Sales Manager and/or Visual Lead
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays are a requirement of this position.
- Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors, participates in departmental stretching program, and overall maintains a safe working environment
Must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Requires skills to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Need to be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Mathematical aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Also requires skills to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Need to be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The location of this position may vary as business needs change.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SALES ASSOCIATE TASK LIST
SUPPORT COMPANY STANDARDS:
Meet agreed upon sales goals on a month to month basis.
Sales accuracy i.e., Writing invoice, Merchandise Pick up, Delivery Charges, etc.
Welcome and interact with all customers in a friendly and professional manner.
Maintain a well-groomed professional appearance.
Communicate effectively with customers verbally and written.
Greet all customers within the showroom.
Determine customer's needs using proper inquiries.
Present and demonstrates product in a professional manner.
Guide customers to related add-on sales.
Quote accurate prices and credit terms.
Lead customers into making buying decisions.
Competently provide answers regarding products to customer.
Recognize and overcome customer objections.
SUPPORT A POSITIVE WORK CLIMATE:
Support management and peers
Comply with policies and procedures
Demonstrate a positive mental attitude
Promote positive morale
Train and assist others when needed
Willingness to adjust scheduled hours to meet store needs.
Performs non-selling activities:
1. Price product for promotional events
2. Regular maintenance of price cards
3. Light dusting
5. Maintain all areas of the showroom including personal workspace, all areas of customer contact including, traffic isles, closing stations, front area, and all point of purchase
6. Take accurate showroom inventories.
EMBRACE TRAINING, EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT:
Support all training endeavors
Complete all training lessons on a timely manner as directed by sales manager
Attend and participates in all training and sales meetings, as scheduled
Recognize opportunity for self-improvement
Responsible for staying informed on all new and existing product lines
Responsible for staying informed of competitor information, and performing monthly competitor shops as may be directed.
Mentor and coach peers as needed
Communicate new procedures and expectations to peers
Learn changes/new skills
Secret Shops may be conducted to ensure selling skills are demonstrated according to company structured selling methods.
MEASURING YOUR SUCCESS:
Make daily evaluations and improvements to sales performance
Work with sales manager to improve performance
Submit accurate sales reports as directed by sales manager, in a timely organized manner
Keep organized records
Provide feedback to management, buyers and peers.
Help conduct new staff interviews
Conduct self-performance appraisals
Conduct sales meeting as directed by sales manager
* At DOCK 86 wearing a Uniform Shirt as part of the Dress Code is a requirement.
* Required to wear tan khaki or black colored pants with either a white or black DOCK 86 shirt.
* Shoes should be comfortable/business casual. No open-toe shoes (sandals).
* Must wear company issued name tag.