Do you have a passion for customer service? Are you self-motivated, positive, and solution focused and ready to take on a new challenge? Do you like helping to solve customer's questions? If this sounds like you, then the position of Customer Service Representative I for HOM Furniture may be just the position for you!
HOM Furniture ranks as one of the top 50 furniture companies nationwide and has 17 locations throughout the midwest! The main role of the Customer Service Representative I for HOM Furniture is to answer any incoming calls from customers calilng with questions. This position also interacts with many different departments so as to give each customer the very best customer service possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Qualifications Include:
Demonstrate working knowledge of computers in a Windows bases environment;
Demonstrate advanced telephone skills. Previous call center experience preferred.
High School diploma or GED required.
Interact and participate as a team member.
Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Ability to show compassion/empathy to internal and external customers.
- Answer incoming customer service calls and resolve all questions, requests and changes to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Answer incoming calls to assist in internal customer service.
- Conduct follow-up calls to customers in a timely manner to resolve any and all customer issues.
- Enter account notes that describe in detail customer situations and how they are being resolved.
- Interact with other departments as necessary to resolve, prevent problems and improve existing procedures and systems.
- Assist with training and developing of new customer service representatives.
- Show patience, compassion, and empathy.
- Accounting skills, problem solving skills, professional communication skills; be able to creatively think of solutions to better serve the needs of our customer.
- Be able to communicate clear precise information to various departments to in turn provide better service to the customer.
- Schedule service or exchanges when needed through HOM and outside services.
- Update customers regarding delivery and service appointment time frames.
- Attend training to gain advanced knowledge of manufacture's warranties as well as HOM Guard warranties. (Answer any questions our internal/external customers may have regarding our warranty).
- Attend all training events and Contact Center department meetings.
- Promptly respond to all e-mails and complete tasks associated with them.
- Complete all assigned reporting.
- Schedule delivery/services while making sure of account accuracy (address, contact information, delivery/service instructions).
- Schedule pick-up for customer product at various locations
- Meet department logged phone standards of 80% or higher
- Complete all additional work/projects as assigned by management.
Must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of 1 year of related experience and/or training.
Require skills to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Possess skills to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Mathematical aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Also requires skills to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.