Responsible for reconciling general ledger accounts, booking journal entries, assisting in the preparation of financial statements, and printing and distributing various financial reports. Also, assist in various tasks to aid G/L Lead Supervisor in daily sales reporting, record keeping, and other daily paperwork procedures.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential duties and responsiblities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write up and book journal entries to general ledger accounts, including recurring entries to Depreciation and Pre-Paid Expenses accounts, and others as assigned
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts
- Reconcile e-checks, cash, and credit card transactions to the daily sales postings
- Identify all discrepancies, write up and post journal entries
- Reconcile Advertising/Marketing Media expenses log, prepared by Marketing, to general ledger, identify differences, and post journal entries (when necessary)
- Verify that correct depreciation expense entries are posted to general ledger
- Reconcile the Customer Financing deposits and expenses to the general ledger
- Identify and correct any discrepancies
- Assist in following month end general ledger closing procedures and in the distribution of all necessary financial statements
- Compile, log, and mail all required 1099 forms for year-end as required by the IRS.
- Assist with year-end audit preparation; perform various duties or projects assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous practical general ledger experience is necessary.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and safety rules. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and interpret spreadsheets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited information is available. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of that of a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to low.