Do you have warehouse experience, a positive attitude, and personal drive? Are you looking to focus your career with an established company? Join the HOM team as a Warehouse Associate II!
The purpose of this position is to maintain consistent flow in the distribution center. The primary duties include receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment and products within the distribution center. Performing daily audits of warehouse locations and maintaining accurate inventory within the warehouse, with the goal being to achieve and maintain inventory accuracy that matches our customer's expectations. Un-boxing and re-boxing furniture, measuring and cutting flooring accurately, along with the organizing and cleaning of the preparation area to maintain a safe working environment. Assembling and inspecting furniture and flooring goods for defects, flaws, and vendor discrepancies in order to conform to the quality specifications by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Print paperwork, tags, and daily reports to start the shift.
- Ensure the correct trailers are in the doors for both incoming and outgoing product.
- Verify that all product on the dock is received appropriately.
- Notify Inventory Control about any untagged product on the dock.
- Ensure that all trucks are loaded/unloaded in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform random audits to ensure that all policies are being followed.
- E-mail the discrepancy report to upper management at the end of every day.
- Verify that all returns product is properly labeled and brought to Returns.
- Post all trucks before the end of the day.
- Coordinate flow of product to the proper location.
- Arrange for maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Ensure all product for Customer Pick-up and Delivery is pulled on time.
- Set up transfers and organize pulling and staging.
- Oversee pulling and proper placement of all product for Delivery Prep.
- Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors, participates in departmental stretching program, and overall maintains a safe working environment.
One year certificate from college or technical school; must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to six months related experience and/or training.
Require skills to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Possess skills to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardization situations.
Supervisory responsibilities included.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, and works in high, precarious places.