This position is located in Edina, MN at our Gabberts Showroom.
This person assists with the receiving, unpacking, assembling and pricing of incoming merchandise; prepares outgoing shipments; stocks incoming and lay-by merchandise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This individual must be at least 16 years of age.
- Carefully unpacks all merchandise received each day.
- Accurately checks merchandise received off on purchase orders and packing slips, forwarding paperwork according to established procedures.
- Thoroughly inspects condition of merchandise received, clearly noting any damage, shortage or overage following established procedures.
- Maintains current and accurate receiving purchase order files according to established procedures.
- Assembles and prepares merchandise for floor display, meeting all standards set for presentation of goods.
- Appropriately tags all merchandise according to established procedures.
- Carefully removes manufacturer hang tags or stickers, retaining and attaching instructions in an inconspicuous place.
- Accurately prepares more descriptive hang-tags on merchandise priced over $50 according to established procedures.
- Effectively interacts with customers both directly and indirectly.
- Efficiently determines customers needs and assists them through the final aspects of sales process.
- Professionally and efficiently handles customer concerns and issues.
- Accurately and efficiently control the movement of inventory throughout the store.
- Assist the showroom staff with proper inventory control practices.
- Prepares and packs outgoing merchandise for shipment using most efficient packing materials to ensure damage-free delivery; adheres to all guidelines and limitations set by carrier.
- Addresses mailing labels accurately for proper delivery.
- Records all shipping information on appropriate documents and processes according to established procedures.
- Removes sold merchandise from display floor, as requested, promptly preparing for delivery or will-call.
- Stores all incoming and lay-by merchandise in designated locations.
- Promptly returns and accurately tags all cancelled merchandise to stockroom.
- Places tagged merchandise on stock carts and deliver to ASR.
- Maintains accessory stockroom and receiving area in a clean and well-organized manner.
- Maintains clear aisles and shifts stock, as necessary, to make room for incoming merchandise.
- Performs minor display duties, as required.
- Ensures adequate levels of shipping supplies are available.
- Breaks down large cartons for reuse.
General Work Standards:
- Cooperates with others in accomplishing overall company or department objectives.
- Meets established schedules, with a minimum of tardiness and few absences.
- Uses time efficiently to produce high quantity of work, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Exhibits sustained motivation to meet or exceed standards set for position.
- Maintains work area in a neat, organized manner.
- Follows all safety rules established.
- Maintains effective communication and good working relationships with others, both within the department and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors, participates in departmental stretching program, and overall maintains a safe working environment.
Must have or be currently working towards a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and or training.
Requires skills to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Possess skills to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Mathematical aptitude to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance where applicable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, chemical sprayer to apply lacquer or fabric protection to product. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Possible Stock Picker, Tugger and Sit-Down Forklift certifications may be required if employee is assisting at Service Center.