The Creative Director-Production Manager is responsible for overseeing and interacting with a team of Graphic Artists, Editors/Producers of Video ,other creative team members and vendors involved in the production of marketing materials. This position manages all creative functions and creative staff including printed materials/ads, TV and digital advertising, and photography studio that develops assets for all brands and functions throughout the organization.
Assists Director of Marketing with creative direction of HOM brands including HOM Furniture, DOCK 86, Gabberts along with sub brands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum 2 years of previous experience as a Producer and assisting in bringing creative concepts to life.
- The Creative Director-Production Manager must have a proven track record of developing high quality, creative and compelling concepts and campaigns.
- This position must oversee the coordination of their team with various internal and/or external partners to schedule and execute various types of productions while adhering to project deadlines and budgets.
- Proven ability to manage several projects and people simultaneously.
- Expertise of production techniques at all levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following).
- Must have good understanding of all creative media products.
- Be comfortable in supplying art direction
- Able to copy write a variety of content.
- Manage the productivity of a team of 10 production staff including all creative staff responsible for print, web, digital marketing, video production, outdoor boards, digital signs, in-store point of purchase materials all adhering to The HOM Furniture, DOCK86 and Gabberts style guides.
- Responsible for ensuring production(s) stay on schedule and budget while also ensuring all components of a marketing campaign are synchronized in style and presentation.
- The Creative Director-Production Manager is responsible for the translation of information without error from various communications such as established Marketing Bulletins, emails, and hand written corrections in the proofing process.
- This position will also assist in maintaining corrected and edited Marketing Bulletins when changes occur.
- They will be knowledgeable about marketplace trends and participate in planning meetings for future campaigns and events.
- This position may be required to build relationships with buyers and the marketing staff to aide in the collaborative process.
- The Creative Director-Production Managers may also play a role in account maintenance and ongoing client relationships along with market GMs.
BA/BS or advanced degree a plus; Advertising or Marketing preferred. Strong knowledge and expertise in Project Management philosophy, best practices and methodology along with the ability to confidently implement project management best practices. Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously, at various stages of the project life cycle. Strong interpersonal capabilities and excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Additional knowledge of the following are a plus:
- All Adobe Creative Suite Software including InDesign
- After Affects Video Software
- Email Marketing
- Familiarization with Internet/Web/SEO/html
Requires skills to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Need to be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Mathematical aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent as well as draw and interpret bar graphs. Experience working with spreadsheets or documents that involve formulas requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, use spoken word to communicate, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The employee is occasionally required to sit or remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects with either the entire hand or fingers, including typing. Reach with hands and arms in any direction, ascend and descend ladders and stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Stooping by bending downward and forward by bending at the waist, kneeling or bending at the knees to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching by bending the body downward and forward, or crawling by moving about on hands or hands and feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data or figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, and using measurement devices.
Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's safety vision and goals. Safety responsibilities include communicating the shared safety vision with the department, being accountable in the safety policies that have been defined, holding employees accountable in the expectation of safely practicing their job functions on a daily basis, promoting a safe work environment through incentives, etc. and taking timely action to correct unsafe actions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.